Elderwood Health Plan –
A Managed Long-Term Care Plan
Elderwood Health Plan is a New York State-approved Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) plan. It provides long-term care services to residents of Erie, Niagara, Monroe, Orleans, Genesee or Wyoming counties who are 21 years of age or older. To qualify for enrollment, the applicant must be in need of community based long term care services for more than 120 days.
Our plan is designed to help members continue to live in their homes and receive the care they need. The member’s regular medical care won’t change. In fact, they’ll keep their primary care physician while receiving more focused long-term care services at home. Elderwood Health Plan care managers can help coordinate all health care services.
Learn more about the services our plan covers here.
To enroll in Elderwood’s MLTC plan, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Reside in Erie, Niagara, Monroe, Orleans, Genesee or Wyoming counties.
- Currently receiving or are eligible for Medicaid.
- Determined eligible for community based long term-term care services for more than 120 days by a registered nurse, using an eligibility assessment tool designated by New York State Department of Health (DOH).
- Is capable at the time of enrollment of remaining in or returning to his/her home and community without endangering his/her health and safety, based on New York State Department of Health criteria; or is a permanent resident of a Nursing Home and has been determined eligible for long term Medicaid by the Local Department of Social Services or entity designated by the State.
- Expected to require one of the following community based long-term care services for more than 120 days, effective from enrollment date:
- Nursing services in the home
- Therapies in the home
- Home health aide services
- Personal care services in the home
- Adult day health care
- Private duty nursing
- Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS)
For denial of enrollment or withdrawal procedures, please see the Member Handbook.
Call 1-866-THE-PLAN (1-866-843-7526) to Enroll
Enrollment in Elderwood Health Plan is always open. Simply give us a call to begin member registration. Together with your family, we’ll determine if our MLTC plan is right for you and take the next steps to get you started. We’re always here to answer any question and support you throughout the entire process, so care can continue in the comforts of home. We hope you’ll make Elderwood Health Plan, your Plan of Choice.